The Saudi Arabia’s security forces have arrested 19 people, including 12 Pakistans, in connection with Monday’s suicide attacks in kingdom’s three cities.
At least seven people were killed and three others injured in explosions near Masjid-e-Nabwi (PBUH) in Madina, at a Shia mosque in Eastern city of Qatif and near US consulate in the western city of Jeddah.
In a statement published by kingdom’s official SPA news agency, the Saudi interior ministry said that the attack in Madina was carried out by a 26-year-old Saudi man, Naer Moslem Hammad al-Balawi, who had a “history of drug use”. The attack had left four security personnel dead.
Three terrorists carried out the attack in Shia-dominated Gulf city of Qatif. One of the attackers, Abderrahman Saleh Mohammed al-Amr, used to actively participate in the protests, the statement added. Three people were reportedly killed in that attack.
The ministry had earlier said that the explosion in Jeddah was carried out by Abdullah Qalzar Khan, a Pakistani taxi driver who was living in the city since 2004. The attack left two police officers injured.
No group has so far taken credit of these attacks. However, Islamic State terrorist group has claimed responsibility for a string of bombings targeting minority Shia community and security forces over the past 18 months.