Android latest version Marshmallow 6.0 update will be available to Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge users soon, according to Sammobiles. Samsung plans to release Marshmallow update in the course of February to April for its current flagships, S6, S6 Edge, as well as for Galaxy S5, Note 5, S6 edge+, Note 4 and Note Edge, according to the sources.
On the other hand, there is a Good news for Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge users living in Korea!!! If you are in South Korea and own one of the following handsets; SM-G925L (S6 Edge for LG PLUS), SM-G920S (S6 for SK-Telecom), SM-G920K (S6 for KT Corporation) then you can install the latest Android Beta Marshmallow OS on your set. Samsung has officially released beta Marshmallow 6.0.1 updates for S6 and S6 Edge. Rest of the S6 and S6 Edge users are as yet sitting tight waiting for the upgrade.
You might consider Beta Marshmallow 6.0.1 as a minor update, but in actual it comes with tons of upgrades like
- For Private Mode, there is an Extra Quick Settings toggle in the status bar.
- Notification panel icons visibility has been improved.
- In Fingerprint Identification, there is a vibration when a wrong finger is detected.
- There is a new Tasks Edge Panel for making a shortcut to apps.
- There is an “Edge Panels” option for Edge screen settings.
- Use “Install overnight” if you do not want to be disturbed by the updates every time. It activates update installation time in between 2:00 and 5:00 a.m.
- The automatic Location Update feature lets you automatically update your location on social media. It can be muted during working hours.
- New exciting emoji icons.
The Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge are latest and very different products for Samsung both in quality and built-in features. They are currently running on Android Lollipop 5.0.2. Operating System.
Since Korean peoples are getting Marshmallow update, now it is the matter of days or weeks when international roll over for Marshmallow will start. UK might be the second to South Korea, since it has also tested the beta version of Marshmallow test for Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge.
Beta Marshmallow 6.0.1 version was a test update by Android. Galaxy owners are used to of relatively slow updates since this beta arrives soon after Google discharged its freshest variant of Android 6.0.0. Marshmallow Operating System. Android Marshmallow 6.0.0. is currently available for HTC One M8, Motorola, and Sony sets.
As for now, there’s no official word on when this update will be available for rest of the world. However, the date so far shows that it will hit the global market shortly. This week there might be a chance of updates for the rest of the world, so stay tuned.