A Halong Bay cruise is a must-do during any visit to Vietnam. There are also many other activities to enjoy in this magnificently beautiful region. Some options include:
A Halong Bay cruise is a must-do during any visit to Vietnam. Located on the Tonkin Gulf, in northeast Vietnam, this UNESCO World Natural Heritage site is a spectacular array of limestone islets in a beautiful bay.
There are many activities to enjoy in this magnificently beautiful region. Some options include:
- Kayaking – this is considered to be one of the world’s best places to kayak. Calm and peaceful waters, pristine lagoons, and untouched islands await discovery on a guided tour.
- Rock Climbing – Halong Bay is amongst the world’s most iconic places for coastal rock climbing. Thousands of limestone cliffs are a rock climber’s paradise and this is considered to be something of a mecca for climbing enthusiasts. Climbing is often combined with kayaking to fully explore the natural environment.
- Cycling – onshore, cycling and trekking are popular pursuits in Halong Bay. Beautiful beaches and the flora and fauna of the region will enthral.
- Cave Discovery – Halong Bay is home to a unique and extensive grotto system; a dazzling world of stalactites and stalagmites wait in the Sung Sot (Surprise) Cave, Dau Go (Wooden Stakes) Cave, the Thien Cung Cave, and many, many more.
- Scuba Diving – SCUBA diving is one of Halong Bay’s most popular activities. There is an amazing underwater world of coral reefs and magnificent fish and other aquatic life to see. All reputable operators check and maintain high safety standards.
- Parasailing – adventurous tourists will love parasailing, offered on Tuan Chau Island. Fly through the air and experience not just the thrill of flying, but also the spectacular seascape from the sky.
- Squid Fishing – something a little different, squid fishing takes place at night, under cover of darkness, and offers yet another glimpse of the beautiful region. Twinkling lights from anchored cruises across the bay punctuate the peaceful atmosphere. Squid caught is used to prepare gourmet delights for tourists.
- Floating Villages – see the unique way of life of the locals with a visit to a floating village. Fishermen and pearl farmers, the locals are descended from the original inhabitants of the bay and have lived on the sea for a number of generations. Their homes literally float on the water in a peaceful village environment.
- Hospital Cave – this historical cave was a secret and bomb proof hospital during the American War (known in the west as the Vietnam War) and also a safe house for Viet Cong leaders.
- A Halong Bay cruise is a wonderful and relaxing experience.This three storey wonder of construction must be seen by anyone who enjoys history.Combine it with any other activity that appeals to get the most out of your visit to this beautiful region.